top of page

Basix: Gig Workers and Taxes

As a gig worker, you are considered to be self-employed. This means that you are responsible for paying your own taxes. When it comes time to file your taxes, you will need to fill out a Schedule C form. This form is used to report income and expenses for businesses that are not incorporated. Be sure to include your gross receipts, as well as any business expenses that you have incurred. These may include the cost of supplies, advertising, and rent. Once you have completed the Schedule C form, you will need to file it along with your 1040 tax return. By taking the time to understand the tax requirements for gig workers, you can ensure that you properly file your taxes and avoid any penalties.

Want to read more?

Subscribe to to keep reading this exclusive post.


Couldn’t Load Comments
It looks like there was a technical problem. Try reconnecting or refreshing the page.
bottom of page